Status: Full Time, Permanent
Location: Kiiwetinoong · Sioux Lookout, Ontario
Objective: To assist the Kiiwetinoong MPP by completing assigned casework and outreach duties.
TASK, DUTIES, AND EXPECTATIONS:
- Assisting with outreach and engagement to help promote awareness of the MPP in the riding including event planning, speaking engagements, attending events on behalf of the Member.
- Dealing with enquiries, solving problems and advocating for constituents (case work). Contacting and responding to constituents by telephone, writing, and in person. Contacting senior government personnel, officials from outside organizations, local government, the media, etc.
- Monitor local media to ensure a strong media presence for the Member. May include preparing weekly columns, drafting op-eds, standard media releases and arranging stand-up interviews. As well, will work with the MPP and caucus communications department to develop a strong social media presence and manage online social media to increase MPP’s visual identity; and assist with outreach and engagement to help promote awareness of the MPP in the riding.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with constituents and local stakeholders including community organizations. Preparing, gathering, maintaining and compiling research material as requested by Member to aid in communicating with constituents and organizations in the constituency.
- Responding to requests for research or information from the Member’s constituents.
- Preparing correspondence for the Member including but not limited to correspondence to Minister’s of the Crown and other government officials and organizations within the riding.
- Keeping informed in all policy areas assigned by the Member and liaising with interest groups within the constituency.
- Travel throughout the Riding to perform outreach, casework and event planning and other duties as assigned by the Member
- Knowledge of the caucus, Canadian government, Ontario government and public affairs.
- Ability to write articles and reports, to meet deadlines, produce accurate work and maintain organized records.
- Ability to advocate effectively on behalf of the Member’s constituents.
- Excellent computer skills required including Twitter, Facebook, Mailchimp, etc.
- Familiarity with member’s constituency and portfolio areas and key stakeholder groups in the riding is essential.
- Experience in community organizing is an asset.
- Knowledge and existing relationship with local riding and community members is preferred.
- Proficiency in social media is desired.
- Second language skills preferred (Ojibway/Anishinaabemowin, Cree & Oji-Cree)
Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available on request.
Please apply on this link https://ndp.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=51
Thank you for your application. Please note, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.